Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Introduction

So, I have always loved the idea of being an excellent cook, and using fresh ingredients to prepare delicious meals. The only way this is going to happen, however, is through much trial and error. This blog is basically going to be posts about recipes I'm trying, how they turned out, and how I would modify them in the future. I also want to post where I got my ingredients (grocery store, farmer's market, etc.) and how the quality of the ingredients effected the meal.

Since I am moving in two weeks, and the holidays are right around the corner, I probably won't post too much at first, but I hope to be cooking almost every day in the new year. We'll see....

My Tools so far are: Bittman's How To Cook Everything, The Joy of Cooking, and of course, the Internet.

2 comments:

  1. The Joy of Cooking has some good stuff.

    PS you should put a cute picture of you in an apron or something on the side bar there.

    PPS Thanks so much for finding me. It is fun to see that you are blogging. One more way to keep in touch. Where are you moving?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack sorry! I just saw this. I am so terrible at this blogging thing! I moved back to SB at the end of September.

    Apron picture is a must...and I will put one up as soon as I find/sew a cute apron.

    Also, your family is adorable and your pictures make me smile.

    ReplyDelete